With or without your children, practice your favorite hobbies: sailing, horseback riding, tree climbing circuit, bike rides or or hiking on trails.
Honfleur is a historic getaway. Visit the many museums of the city.
La Côte de Grâce, Le Mont Joli & Le Bois du Breuil
- Notre-Dame de Grâce Chapel, built on the Plateau de Grâce, is one of the oldest sanctuaries in the region. It was built in 1600 to 1615 by the townspeople and mariners of Honfleur, replacing a former chapel destroyed during a landslide.
- The original chapel was built by Richard II, Duke of Normandy, in fulfilment of a vow he had made when he was saved from drowning during a storm.Notre-Dame de Grâce is still an active place of worship. Marble plaques and paintings preserve the memory of famous people who have worshipped in here: Samuel de Champlain, Pierre Berthelot, Louis XIII, Napoléon, Thérèse de Lisieux…
- 10mn on foot from Beehome, the small road on your left, just behind the chapel, leads to Mount-Joli – a magnificent panorama overlooking the valley of the Seine and The Normandy Bridge which connects Honfleur to Le Havre
- le Breuil Forest maintained by the Conservatoire du Littoral with regard to the wealth of its heritage.
Honfleur is classified « seaside resort »
Situated at the entrance of Honfleur, the « Butin” beach arranges all the equipments to welcome you comfortably and in complete safety during the summer season, beach has a playground for children. Free parking and showers.http://www.ot-honfleur.fr/decouvrir-honfleur/honfleur-cote-mer/la-plage/
Fishing Port: sole, dogfish, gurnard, mackerel, fresh cod, turbot, cel, brill, dab, whiting and don’t forget the scallops and famous shrimp freshly sold on the landing when in season.
Vasouy beach and Butin beach are 2km on foot from Beehome. Brigitte proposes picnic baskets and beach blankets.
Trouville and Deauville beaches are 13 km from Beehome.
There’s so much to visit
- The Eugène Boudin Museum if you are a fan of Impressionism
- Les Maisons Satie
- Le Musée d’Ethnographie et d’Art Populaire Normand
- Le Musée de la Marine
- Le Naturospace
- Le Laboratoire Alphonse Allais
- La Forge
- TRADITIONNAL MARKET – every Saturday morning
- ORGANIC MARKET – every Wednesday morning
- FISH MARKET – from Thursday to Sunday
L’Ecailleur 1, rue de la République – 02 31 89 93 34 (fish)
Côté Resto 8, place Sainte Catherine – 02 31 89 31 33
Au P´tit Mareyeur 4, Rue Haute – 02 31 98 84 23
L’Auberge du Vieux Clocher 9, Rue de l’Homme de Bois – 02 31 89 12 06
La Tortue 36, rue de l’Homme de Bois – 02 31 81 24 60
Les pieds dans l’herbe Cours Jean de Vienne 02 31 89 29 16 (Crêpes)
La Fleur de Sel 17, Rue Haute – 02 31 89 01 92 – Gourmet
La Chaumière Route du Littoral – 02 31 81 63 20 – Gourmet
Sa.Qua.Na 22, Place Hamelin – 02 31 89 40 80 • Gourmet 2 star Michelin
L’Endroit 3, rue Charles-et-Paul-Breard – 02 31 88 08 43 – Open – plan kitchen: you can spy on what is brewing in there!
L’Homme de Bois • 30, rue de l’Homme de Bois – 02 31 89 75 27
Brigitte would be more than pleased to book your table & call your taxi
Taxi Honfleur – Deauville Martine & Philippe Paliwoda + 33 609 344 577 (Mercedes or Monospace)
Lunch and dinner French people lunch between 12:30 and 2:30 PM, and dinner between 7:30 and 10:00 PM. If you wish to avoid the crowd, lunch at 12:00 and dine from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Restaurants rarely serve between 2:00 and 6:00 PM. France uses the 24hr system (for example, 18h means 6:00 PM!).
Gratuity Your restaurant/cafe check already includes a 15% gratuity.
But a gratuity around 5/10% is expected at restaurants. Your credit card receipt won’t show any gratuity line.Taxi drivers and organized city excursion tour guides will appreciate a small tip. Don’t forget to tip the lavatory attendant!
There is a wide choice of sports. Honfleur is between the Earth, Sea and Air.
CENTRE EQUESTRE DE HONFLEUR Chemin des Ramier, EQUEMAUVILLE 0660154228 call Mapi
FLYING LESSONS & SKYDIVING
AÉRO-CLUB DE DEAUVILLE-SAINT-GATIEN – Aérodrome 14130 SAINT-GATIEN-DES-BOIS – 02 31 64 00 93
ABEILLE PARACHUTISME 50 rue Haute 14600 HONFLEUR – 02 31 89 77 66 / 06 11 62 40 06
GOLF DE DEAUVILLE SAINT GATIEN Le Mont Saint-Jean 14130 SAINT-GATIEN-DES-BOIS – 02 31 65 19
GOLF BARRIÈRE DEAUVILLE 27 trous Le Mont Canisy – Saint Arnoult 14803 DEAUVILLE – 02 31 14 24 24
Villerville – Deauville – Honfleur here is the link http://www.normandie-seine-estuaire.fr/que-faire-dans-lestuaire/nautisme/centres-nautiques/
VAL DES CIMES Parcours dans la forêt de Saint-Gatien des Bois 02 31 65 49 96 /06 30 91 37 96
LANDING BEACHES from BEEHOME
By car 53km to Caen take highway A29.
There is an attractive sea view with white sandy beaches. We have difficulties to imagine that here, the Invasion of Normandy took place on these beaches. The West Calvados is worth it.
Experience an educational and emotional moment at the American cemetery in Colleville and at the Caen Memorial, the best D-Day Museum www.memorial-caen.fr
Visit Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha & Utah beaches in this order.
Stop in Bayeux, home of the Bayeux tapestry, which depicts the events leading up to the Norman conquest of England.
It is also the first city of the Battle of Normandy to be liberated and the buildings in Bayeux were virtually untouched during the Battle of Normandy. www.tapisserie-bayeux.fr